Are Organic Skin Products Better?

May 20, 2018


You naturally want the best products possible for your skin, and with the increased interest in natural and organic washes, moisturizers, and other treatments, you may think that choosing beauty products labeled as organic or natural will help to keep your skin in better condition. To an extent, this could be true, but understanding what the terms actually mean can help you to make a better purchasing choice. Always keep in mind that there are no ‘official guidelines’ as regards how organic and natural products are graded.



  • Natural skin products are made from ingredients that are derived from the natural world. These products will not contain artificial scent, coloring, or other synthetic ingredients. The ingredients will not necessarily come from sources that are free of pesticides, such as when your soap or moisturizer might contain lavender – the lavender could have come from fields where the plants were drenched with pesticides and grown with artificial fertilizers, you will have no way of knowing.
  • Organic products for your skin will contain ingredients that are considered to be at least 95% organic. A product that has been labeled 100% organic should be exactly that, and purchasing from a reliable vendor will be the only way you can really determine whether this is true. Organic differs from natural in that organic products will be those produced without the uses of any chemicals or other synthetic substances. Any ingredients in an organic product derived from plants will have been grown without the use of petrochemical-derived pesticides or fertilizers. You will usually have to spend a good deal more on products of this kind. Strictly organic products will also be made in a facility that does not also produce synthetic products, to further guarantee the purity of the product.
  • You may also see a product labeled: “Made with Organic Products”. This will mean that at least 70% of the ingredients can be considered organic, while the remaining 30% could be anything else.
  • Synthetic skin products should never be eschewed out of hand, because many of them measure up in quality and results with both organic and natural skin products. Remember, too, that most synthetic products have their basis in the natural world, and are derived from it by various means.




Which Skin Products Are Best for You?

In order to keep your skin healthy and young-looking longer, you will definitely want to institute a beauty regimen designed to do that. We all know that there are environmental factors at work on our skin every day, such as sunlight, wind, pollution, heat, and cold. Stress and lack of proper
sleep will also contribute to the deterioration of your skin. When choosing products for your regimen, there are a number of things to keep in mind:


  • Price will always be a factor in your choices. Remember, that just because one particular product has a high price tag that it is not necessarily superior to others. Organic skin care is generally priced much higher than both natural and synthetic care, but it’s been found that synthetic skin products can produce the same results as higher priced ones. The key here is to read the label carefully, and make price a secondary factor when you purchase a moisturizer, facial wash, or exfoliant.
  • If you have acne, looking for ingredients that will specifically assist in dealing with acne is a good starting point. Acne skin is actually very sensitive skin and needs a special course of daily treatment not only to keep the acne in check, but also to support the health of the surrounding skin.
  • Although it is true that there are no regulations regarding the labeling of skin care products as organic or natural, there are some ways that you can determine which products will be more likely to be safe for you to use. The FDA (Federal Drug Administration) does inspect manufacturing facilities where health and beauty products are made, and a designation will generally be made on the product’s label to inform you of this. You should also check to be sure that independent product testing, for safety and effectiveness, has been performed.
  • If you have allergies, organic and natural ingredients can cause a flare-up, too, just as much as synthetic ones. Regardless of the purity of the beauty or cleansing product, if it contains something to which you will have a reaction, then look elsewhere.


There is no doubt that making a decision when it comes to choosing between organic, natural, or synthetic beauty products can be confusing. However, a bit of research, and dealing with a reputable company should provide you with pleasing results.

Post a Comment

Write a comment & tell me your thoughts!

Latest Instagrams

© FISHMEATDIE. Design by FCD.